Friday, April 19, 2013

Back to work

Yesterday I got out of bed at 5:15 or so and, as quietly as I could so as not to disturb my roommates, gathered my stuff together and went downstairs to the main common area of the hostel where I got some final instruction on how to get to the station for my train back to Nantes.

It all went pretty smoothly. I took the Metro to the Montparnasse station with one transfer between. I had to get someone's assistance with finding where in the station to catch the train and had to wait for about fifteen minutes before my train was ready then waited ten more minutes on the train before it took off. I had an empty seat next to me the whole ride and I dozed in and out of sleep most of the way there, arriving at Nantes at about 9:10. I asked at the information booth how to get to the airport and was told about a shuttle across that ran every thirty minutes, the next one leaving in about fifteen, so I headed there. I was a little worried about not making it to the airport in time so it seemed to take forever to arrive. Then it was almost 8 euro just to get on! But, made it in time for AJ and Bob to wave to me, point out the car - with Andy and Jake in it, and to ask if I went to Paris. I wasn't expecting the other guys to be there so had been worried: What if I'm late? What if I can't find them to get the key? What if I can't find where they'd parked the car? In the end, no need to have worried.

They drove me to the hatchery, stopping at McD's on the way, where they performed a wash and I got caught back up with what had happened during this week's runs. Then we met with P to talk about weights and mortality rates and stuff, then we all headed to check out the new apartment since the one we're in is not available for the next scheduled trips. It was another great place, this one had goats, a couple horses, chickens, even a couple of peacocks running around outside. Inside was very quaint and, reportedly, exactly what English people are looking for when they holiday in France. Honestly, though, it's probably not ideal for what we need, especially AJ and Bob - they just aren't into that kind of thing. No idea why you can't rent a normal apartment in rural France.

Going home, we stopped at a different grocery store and it didn't even stink when we walked in - bonus! The ones we had been going to all stink at the front like rotting fruit or something. Maybe it's the cheese; our fridge stinks, too, and I tore it apart and wiped it all down and it still does - gotta be the cheese. We looked for baking soda but couldn't find any...

Back at Braimboef, my new window is the top one.

No comments:

Post a Comment