Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Foie gras, part 1

Okay, got directions to a place to get foie gras and headed that way. On the way there I checked out the menu at another place and they had foie gras and escargot and Grimbergen and, what can I say? I decided to save my feet some more wear and grabbed a seat.

Had a Grimbergen with my bread and escargots, which were in the shell (good) but a couple were a little sandy (not so good) - delish, though. Then I had some red wine with my foie gras on toast and a small salad. I love food and I have to say: I was not terribly impressed with the foie gras.

Then, though, I was talking about it with the hostel folks and the one of them insists that foie gras is divine - as long as you get the good stuff. There's "bad" foie gras? He said that, based on the price I paid, it should have been good but then gave me a brand of canned stuff that he guarantees to be good, if not great - apparently the best stuff comes from the southwest of France. Probably give it one more try - I don't really want to like it, anyway, based on how it's raised, but I do want to give it a fair shake.

And I have an early train to catch tomorrow - looks like it's going to be another week in Roussay but I still need to rush to the airport so I can meet the guys that are leaving and get the car keys from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment