Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The soir part of my first full day in Paris

Okay, past time for bed so... why not write a blog entry?

My roommate and I ended up striking up a conversation (buying a guy a small bottle of wine from the hostel probably tends to work, eh?) and then headed out for dinner - my description of my burger last night was more than he could resist. He confirms, however: Paris has outdone les Oo Ess Ay when it comes to burgers - time to up your game, America!

We also picked up a couple more roommates - thought they are out hitting the town with a friend from another room.

Here at the hostel there is mostly foosball with some Chilean guys. Kyle's friends showed up so they are making plans for their upcoming adventure to Amsterdam, Switzerland, and Italy - they leave tomorrow. What new friends will I make in the coming couple days?

Oh, I almost forgot the best part: Kyle said the best view of the city is from the Basilica up the hill from the hostel so I walked up there. On the way, I chatted with a nice couple of Nigerian guys who have been living in Paris for the past three years attending University, "Phillip" and "Dennis", they call themselves. They offered to provide me with things not available just anywhere but I politely declined and wished them well when our paths separated a few blocks later. The view wasn't that great at night - I'll check it out again during the daylight.

Now, 'tis time for bed. My main priority attraction aside from the Louvre is the modern art museum here - not sure what it's called. Kyle says that the Eiffel Tower is also more than worth it and near to Notre Dame. I'd also like to see the Arch d'Triumph, especially the "square" it's in. We shall see what we shall see.

Buenos noches, in honor of my new Chilean friends in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment